Date of Birth: 24 September 1966
Birth Place: Voiron, France
Team: Dexwet-DF1 Racing / Alex Caffi Motorsport
Debut Season: 2014
Fastest Laps: 0
Bouchut is mostly known as a sports car racing expert who scored many race victories and championships in both national and international level. Originally competing in single seaters, Bouchut made a switch to sports car racing in 1992 and found immediate success in the Peugeot 905 Spider Cup before winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans for Peugeot in his first attempt the next year.
Bouchut was linked with a possible graduation to Formula One with Larrousse in 1995, but with Larrousse going bankrupt before the 1995 season began, Bouchut would continue to race in sports car racing and would earn championships in Porsche Carrera Cup France, FIA GT Championship, Le Mans Endurance Series, and ALMS as well as securing another prestigious victories at the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1995 and at the Spa 24 Hours in 2001 and 2002.
Bouchut has been a mainstay in the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series ever since he made his debut in 2014 for DF1 Racing, and he will be entering his fifth season in the Euro Series this year, once again driving for Dexwet-DF1 Racing in the No. 66 Dexwet Chevrolet Camaro in the Elite 1 class. However, after the Saturday race at Franciacorta, he asked for his release from Dexwet-DF1, citing personal issues as the reason of leaving the team, and he would later drive Alex Caffi Motorsport’s No. 1 Mustang at Most.
|Season||Class||Car #||Wins||Podiums||Top 5’s||Top 10’s||Points||Pos.|
|2019||Elite 1||66 / 1||0||0||0||1||56||36th|
2019 Race-by-Race Statistics:
|Race||Grid Pos||Finish Pos||Status|
|Valencia 2||14||DNS||Did Not Start|
|Franciacorta 2||13||DNS||Did Not Start|
|Most 1||10||DNS*||Did Not Start|
|Most 2||24||23*||DNF (Mechanical)|
* Bouchut did not receive any championship points at Most.
Previous Career Accomplishments:
- 2012 – American Le Mans Series – LMP2 Class Champion
- 2011 – American Le Mans Series – LMP2 Class Champion, 24 Hours of Le Mans – LMP2 Class 3rd Place
- 2008 – French GT Championship Champion
- 2007 – 24 Hours of Le Mans – GT1 Class 3rd Place
- 2006 – Mil Milhas Brasil Overall Winner
- 2005 – Le Mans Endurance Series – GT1 Class 3rd Place
- 2004 – Le Mans Endurance Series – GTS Class Champion, Bahrain GT Festival – GT3 Class Winner
- 2003 – French Supertouring Championship Champion
- 2002 – FIA GT Championship Champion
- 2001 – FIA GT Championship Champion, 24 Hours of Le Mans – GTS Class 3rd Place
- 2000 – FIA GT Championship – N-GT Class Champion, Porsche Carrera Cup France Champion
- 1997 – French GT Championship Runner-Up
- 1996 – Porsche Carrera Cup France Champion
- 1995 – Porsche Carrera Cup France Champion, 24 Hours of Le Mans – WSC Class 2nd Place, 24 Hours of Daytona Overall Winner
- 1994 – Porsche Carrera Cup France Champion
- 1993 – 24 Hours of Le Mans Overall Winner
- 1992 – Peugeot 905 Spider Cup Runner-Up
- 1991 – Formula 3 France Champion
- 1989 – Formula 3 – Macau Grand Prix 3rd Place
- 1988 – Formula Ford 1600 France Champion
Previous Career Accomplishments are courtesy of Driver Database.